Take The Winter B-icicle Challenge!
As winter settles in across all Northern Hemisphere nations, and the cold wind blows, it’s tempting to put your bike away for hibernation. But as of December 1, we’re asking you to keep on pedalling through all three winter months.
Why are we doing it?
- To see if we can put our money where our mouth is in regards to living a greener life, and not just when weather permits
- A good time to reflect about those people without homes during winter
- We love riding our bikes and don’t want to go three months without it
- We hate traffic jams!
Rules. We will ride to work or school everyday unless:
- The road is so icy we’ll most probably break our necks (read here for alternatives)
- We have a meeting or activity that is more than an hour bike ride away
- We’re so sick with the flu we can’t even be bothered to watch The Wire
What we want from you.
Join us! If you’re about to head into the depths of winter.
How do I sign-up?
Simply head to our Facebook event page and click “join” in the right hard corner. And be sure to invite your friends!
And once you’re signed up, pin our button onto your social network. Simply right click, “save as” the image below, and then upload it to your Twitter, Facebook, blog etc. And don’t forget to link back to us so others can sign up!
Also, don’t miss our “Smart Ask” where New York architect James Ramsey answers our question, “where can we create new spaces to take our bikes?”